The Federation's archives have a home at Wright State University
The Archives Collection of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton was established in January 2009 in anticipation of the Federation’s 2010 centennial. In February 2011, the collection became part of Wright State University’s Special Collections and Archives.
The Jewish Federation’s collection comprises records and historic material of the Federation since its inception in 1910. The collection is a key resource for information about the history of the Jews of Dayton, and its artifacts paint a vivid picture of the philanthropic culture the Federation helped to build through rescue, relief, and absorption efforts on behalf of the Jewish people in the 20th century.
For more information on accessing the archives for a personal interest, or researching the archives for scholarly interest, contact us.Contact us!