CABS: Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
14 December 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$10.00
Live Virtual Exhibition Tour with the Illinois Holocaust Museum
Cost: $10 per household
Minimum of 10 attendees required
After buying tickets, you will receive the Zoom link closer to the event.
Based on the New York Times bestselling book and Tumblr page of the same name, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the first-ever museum exhibition focused solely on this judicial icon, whose image graces mugs, t-shirts, posters, and bobbleheads. The exhibit is a vibrant exploration of Justice Ginsburg’s life and her numerous, often simultaneous roles as a student, wife, mother, lawyer, judge, women’s rights pioneer, and Internet phenomenon. This exhibition was developed by Associate Curator at Los Angeles Skirball Cultural Center, Cate Thurston, in partnership with Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik, co-authors of the New York Times bestselling book, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- A robe and jabot from RBG’s Supreme Court wardrobe.
- Home videos of RBG with her husband, Martin “Marty” Ginsburg, on their honeymoon and in the early years of their marriage.
- The official portraits of RBG and Sandra Day O’Connor, the first two women to serve on the Supreme Court, on loan from the National Portrait Gallery.
- 3D re-imaginations of key places in RBG’s life, including:
- Her childhood Brooklyn apartment, where visitors can flip through the Nancy Drew books Ruth Bader loved as a girl, among other items, and get a feel for her Jewish upbringing
- The kitchen in RBG and Marty’s home, featuring some of Marty’s favorite recipes and cooking utensils
- The Supreme Court bench, where visitors can dress up in a robe and jabot and imagine making their own opinions heard
- The desk in her chambers, where visitors can view the 2018–2019 Supreme Court calendar and grasp cases to be decided in the current term.