JCC Early Childhood Care & Education
The JCC’s Early Childhood Care & Education at the Boonshoft CJCE in Centerville offers facilities especially designed for the young child. Through sensitive direction from qualified professional teachers and low teacher to child ratios, children develop their unique personalities and learn respect and consideration for others of all backgrounds.
Learning opportunities and materials are provided for each child to help stimulate thinking, develop creativity and increase communication skills.
The Jewish component of the program imparts to all children opportunities to appreciate the positive values of Judaism at an early, impressionable age.
Interested in learning more about our preschool? Email Alicia at email@example.com or call 937-853-0373.
What makes us different?
– Judaics: We incorporate Jewish values into daily routines and weekly lesson plans in order to encourage all children to appreciate the positive values of Judaism at an early, impressionable age.
– Teacher to Child ratios: Low teacher to child ratios ensures a harmonious classroom experience
– Continuity of Care: Children are transitioned to the next age appropriate classroom either at the end of the school year in early summer, or at the beginning of the school year in the fall. This creates a continuous class that grows and learns together, fostering friendships and classroom/teacher consistency early on.
– Electronic lesson plans: Every week, we provide parents with a weekly lesson plan via email tailored to their child’s classroom experiences for the coming week. This fosters meaningful conversations and prompts discussions about the day’s activity, so learning can continue at home.
– To promote positive self-concept
– To respect individuality
– To encourage the development of each child’s full potential
– To promote health, physical growth, and motor development
– To develop self-expression in art, music, dance, and drama
– To broaden horizons
– To help children observe, investigate, seek, acquire information, and think critically.
Infant Room (Malachim/Angels) 6 weeks to 18 months
Our nurturing environment has a 1:3 ratio of caregiver to babies. It is our philosophy that children’s earliest experiences create who they are and what they are to become. Parents trust their little ones to our dedicated and experienced staff.
We offer age appropriate learning as children develop their unique personalities. Your child has the option of attending two, three, or five full days per week. A full day for 2021-2022 school year will be 7:30AM – 5:30PM. Hours of operation could extend depending on the Covid situation.
*While our rooms are grouped by ages, children are also grouped together by assessment/skill level and space available.
Offered Monday – Friday for children ages three through five. Specialists lead classes for fun and skills in art, dance, music, gym, science, sports, and cooking.
Sample Daily Schedule
K Club (Gan/Hebrew word for Kindergarten) For Kindergartners,
An energetic program designed as an after-school program for morning kindergartners. We offer daily enrichment classes to enhance the academics your child learns at school. Transportation from select local public schools may be provided.
Click the buttons below to view teacher bios.
Interested in preschool?
Contact Katie Lagasse, Early Childhood Site Supervisor, at Klagasse@jfgd.net