Enriching your community can be an everlasting achievement – Continue to impact the world through an endowment with the Jewish Foundation of Greater Dayton. By creating an endowment fund with us, you can create a perpetual gift to fund the programs you love. Our Foundation uses only the interest generated from an endowment fund, so you can feel confident about leaving a permanent gift. When leaving your legacy, you may choose to establish a restricted fund or an unrestricted fund.
What is a Restricted Fund?
Simply put, a restricted fund says, “I am passionate about a specific part of the Federation, its agencies, or another Jewish philanthropic endeavor, and I want to support it now and forever.” If you are interested in one of the following, a restricted fund may be an option for you:
- Supporting Annual Campaign
- Supporting an agency (Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton, Jewish Community Center, Jewish Family Services)
- Supporting a specific program or event
- Supporting your synagogue, temple, or religious organization
What is an Unrestricted Fund?
The Dayton Jewish community has been unceasingly generous and supportive. Donors like you care about assuring a positive future. With our experienced staff, you can trust your fund will be used for the betterment of the community, whatever the need may be at the time. With an unrestricted fund, your legacy will help provide for various Federation programs and agencies, based on where the need is greatest.
How to Establish Your Fund
There are a myriad of ways you can leave your legacy. We recommend speaking with your financial or legal advisor for a full list of options. Below are a few ways you can start (or add to) your fund:
- Make an outright gift using cash or appreciated assets
- Make a charitable bequest in your will or trust
- Designate the Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton as a beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan
- Name the Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
The Jewish Foundation of Greater Dayton Board & Investment Committee meet quarterly to review our funds with
independent investment consultants. We work vigorously to ensure our investments provide the best return possible. Currently, we rank in the top 10% when compared to the performance of roughly 200 other endowment funds and foundations of similar size.
We would be honored to speak with you about the Jewish Foundation of Greater Dayton and options available to help you meet your philanthropic goals. If you would like more information, please contact Janese R. Sweeny, Esq., Foundation Director, at (937) 401-1542.