Innovation Grant Guidelines
Innovation Grant Calendar
- Applications available February 5, 2024
- Applications due by noon on March 29, 2024
What will the Innovation Grant program fund?
Preference will be given to programs that meet the following core priority areas, though all program/project ideas that will enhance life in the Greater Dayton Jewish community will be considered:
- Programs and projects that are collaborative efforts between multiple organizations and/or individuals; and
- Outreach programs to engage young adults and families within the greater Dayton Jewish community; or
- A program/event designed to bring the entire Jewish community together.
Who is eligible?
Grants will be given to any Dayton Area Jewish organization exempt from Federal Tax under Section 501(c)(3) or any individual member of the Jewish community whose program/initiative will be sponsored by a Jewish organization exempt from Federal Tax under Section 501(c)(3) as his/her fiscal agent.
- Capital projects
- Fundraising projects for the direct organization. (Fundraising events for an outside cause will be considered i.e., domestic violence, etc.)
Innovation Grant Application Procedure
Contact Tara Feiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-401-1546 to request an application packet. Completed applications should be emailed to Tara Feiner by noon on March 29, 2024. The application packet includes:
- Innovation Grant application (Adobe PDF) signed by the organization’s senior officers.
- Innovation Grant Budget application (Microsoft Excel)
- First time applicants must supply a copy of the organization’s IRS tax exempt ruling (501 (c)(3)) for all groups involved if there is a collaboration. Prior Innovation Grant awardees do not need to resubmit their tax exempt status.
Innovation Grant Reporting Procedure
All notification letters will be delivered by email and will include all the reporting documents required to receive grant funds. A meeting will be scheduled with Tara Feiner to review the required reporting documentation and timeline.
- Pre-Event Report: Award recipients will be required to submit a status report no later than 30 days prior to the start of the program or initiative.
- Post Event Report: A final report must be submitted within 30 days after the completion of the program or initiative, including a final budget statement.
- Final budget: A final budget must be submitted with the Post Event Report. The budget must include all receipts for the program. The final budget with receipts is MANDATORY or the grant will be revoked.
All marketing materials must be approved by the JFGD Marketing Department to ensure the marketing pieces meet the Innovation Grant promotional guidelines for wording and logo usage.
Do you need help with marketing your event?
Innovation Grant recipients are eligible to have the JFGD Marketing Department design the funded program/event marketing materials free of charge. This is an option available to all grant recipients but it is not requirement. If you are interested in this service please let Tara Feiner know.
Innovation Grant award payment procedure
50% of the award will be issued once the Pre-Event Report has been submitted and approved. Final payment will be issued upon submission of the Post-Event Report and final budget. The final budget must include all program receipts.