Following the devastating tornadoes that hit our area on Monday evening, many people have asked what they can do to support the community. Below are two different options to give back to the community:
- Donating resources
We expect the list of needs, donations sites, and volunteer opportunities to evolve. For the most current list of opportunities, click here. Thank you for the care and compassion you show for one another and our community.
- Murphy’s Used Books, 2852 Wilmington Pike, Kettering. Collecting bottled water for the Dayton Foodbank. Everyone who donates will get a coupon for a free book.
- Forest Ridge Baptist Church, 6890 Union Schoolhouse Rd, Beavercreek. Drop off point for donations of bottled water. Leave the water on the front sidewalk, near the front door. It will be delivered to Riverside, Huber Heights and Beavercreek.
- Sinclair Community College. Collecting bottled water at these locations: Building 7 in the library lobby; Building 8, basement; Building 14 walkway; Building 20 lobby, Eaker Street.
- CareSource. Accepting bottled water donations, any size any brand, at N. Jefferson Street near Monument Avenue in Dayton and will deliver to The Foodbank. Drop off hours are today, May 29 until 6 p.m., Thursday, May 30 from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Friday, May 31 from 7 a.m. to noon. There are volunteers who can help unload cars.
- Salvation Army Kroc Center, 1000 N Keowee St, Dayton, OH 45404. Acccepting bottled water. Please call the front desk at 937-528-5100 before you arrive.
- Ginghamsburg Church Fort McKinley Campus, 3721 W Siebenthaler Ave, Dayton, OH 45406. Needs bottle water donations.
WATER AND FOOD
- The Greene, Security Office 4452 Buckeye Lane Beavercreek, Ohio 45440. Accepting: Non-perishable food, bottled water.
- Dayton Sportcial, http://www.daytonsportcial.com/sports-1. Collecting bottled water and non-perishable food items at their games/events this week.
- Dayton Dragons will be accepting non-perishable food items at Fifth Third Field for all six games of the current home stand, beginning with the May 28 game.
- Dayton Foodbank, 56 Armor Pl, Dayton, OH 45417. Needs bottled water and volunteers. Water and non-perishable food items (and easy open)- Accepting bottled water through 5/30 (Thursday) between 10 am–4 pm at the Foodbank warehouse.
WATER, FOOD AND OTHER
- First Baptist Church of Kettering, 3939 Swigart Road Bellbrook, Ohio 45440. Accepting: packaged food, bottled water, hand sanitizer, hygiene products.
- Beavercreek Chamber of Commerce, 3210 BeaverVu Drive Beavercreek, Ohio 45431. Accepting: packaged food, bottled water, hygiene products.
- Monarch Market, located inside the Dayton Mall between Elder Beerman and DSW. Accepting donations of cleaning supplies, infant care items, canned goods, personal and female hygiene supplies and bottle water. Items can be dropped off at the store Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m. If delivering large items call (937) 660-0072 or (937) 765-7715 for delivery to a back door.
- Twist Cupcakery, 25 South St. Clair St. in Dayton. Collecting items to benefit Trotwood. Items needed include toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, baby diapers and wipes, soap, deodorant, wash clothes and items to make sandwiches that can be distributed.
- Dayton Foodbank, 56 Armor Pl, Dayton, OH 45417. Needs volunteers. You can volunteer to sort food donations at the Foodbank by contacting Sean at 937-461-0265 x27 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Blood Center is in critical need of type O positive blood. Emergency room usage was high during Memorial Day weekend & storm damage has forced blood drive cancellations. Dayton CBC at 349 South Main St. is operating. Schedule donation at http://www.DonorTime.com or call 1-800-388-GIVE.
We are also working on more specific opportunities to support our neighbors in need. We will keep you informed about future opportunities.